In this part of the guide to our merry Principality you can find the dates which are the most important for us - both in the times of Draconia as in those preceding her creation. Those dates and 'turning points' have been chosen according to criteria most personal in their nature, moreover, history tends to mix with myth and legend here and they both often claim equality, so please be warned our Dear Reader that the text below may not be comprehensible for you even if you had taken part in things therein described... As for the dates, we did our best to remember them as exactly as possible, but - who can be certain of that?...
- 1992 - the first idea of Smocza Kompania is born in the heads of its Founders, who were lucky enough to have simply met in the same time and place.
- 1992.06 - the idea becomes the act, and Kompania manifests in the currents lands of Draconia for the first time on the shores of Bug river.
- 1992.07 - the first officially documented appearance on Kompania's founders in the "knightly world". Having decided to have a closer look at the lands in which the Kompania came to live, they come to the land of Dobrzyń to the court of Golub's Castellan, in those dark times seen as the Father of Knighthood. There, the founders meet the leader of the most famous Bractwo Miecza i Kuszy.
- 1992/93 - In the winter torn in halves by these years, Smocza Kompania is born out of the union of its nine founders, taking as its sign a red dragon holding its own tail in the mouth in a black field.
- 1993.05 - After almost a year, the initially consituted Kompania lead officially by Kodrak de Douven arrives again at the Golub's battlements, this time seriously inclined to try and reach for the knightly fame. There, the founders meet Konińska Drużyna Piesza the fate of which has oft been interwoven with ours, as these brave and gallant knights used to visit the same castles as we did and found their home in the same place. There, we have also met the Gniew Castellan Jarek, which has definitely been the most important turning point in Kompania's history. The castellan extended an invitation to his castle, of which we gladly made use, therefore binding ourselves inseparably to the stronghold and its master.
- 1993/97 - these are the years of Kompania's flourishment, during which we have visited nigh every castle to have only invited us to do so - enough to mention places such as
Szczytno, Bolków, Chojnik, Gdańsk, Malbork and numerous others, but our home for all those years was undoubtedly the castle of Gniew. So many memories connected with this place for us, though only a few remain to still remember and cherish them... Lots of time have we spent here, often venturing to other castles departing not from our houses, but from this common home of ours. Here, most of our friendships have also had their beginnings. Komopania has always been faithful in the Castellan Jarek's service, standing by his side nigh from the beginnigs till the castle's very dismal end.
- 1993 - Kompania has its share in giving birth at the Gniew castle to the organization later known as Kapituła Bractw Rycerskich. Since that time, Kompania has actively partaken in Kapituła's actions for many years.
- 1997 - the fact of major importance this year is the accession of young Wszebor to Kompania - the very one to become the Prince of Draconia in the future.
- 1997 - into this year, Kompania has entered with a prideful and aggressive step with its new Hegemon Daeris d'Ostear as the leader, set on eradicating "the hostile democracy" once and for all. The year, however, has had a dismal ending, as due to treacherous and insidious schemes of Gniew town councillors its castle had no longer been home to its Castellan, with whom we all departed therefrom as well, heavy-hearted in taking the last glimpse of its battlements. The last thing to have happened there still was the autumn meeting of Kapituła, on which the Bractwo Sześci had been founded by Smocza Kompania, Bractwo Rycerskie Ziemi Lubuskiej, Trzeci Regiment Najemnej Piechoty Szkockiej, Clan MacCaoran, Starigrodzkie Bractwo Rycerskie and Wolna Najemna Kompania Poznań. A noble and worthy enterprise it was, to create a strong lobby in the Kapituła for everyone's benefit. For a short time, Bractwo Sześci has been the cause for many a sleepless night to many of Kapituła's politicians, but time has shown how mistken we were to have thought that much - if anything - could be changed.
- 1998 - a brand new age begins, the "post-Gniew" one. Kompania enters the new era in a refreshed form of a feudalised organization, conceived at the year's beginning. It did mean the sorrow of having to depart with many an old brother-in-arms, but finally gave us the solid structure which both allowed for and demanded progress.
- 1998.07 - for the first time we appear on the tournament in Kożuchów, which has ever since been our favourite model to follow and a beloved place to visit. This year also marks the beginnings of conception of the idea of our Principality.
- 1999.07 - the second Kożuchów tournament on which we had the honour of being present. It was here that Kompania first encountered the fully-blossomed idea of creating one's own state identity. Having partaken in the victorious battle in the War of the Lions waged against Edgar de Raven under Jarl Hoggard the Tormentor's banner , we have been totally overwhelmed with this new way of perceiving the reenactment reality. It was on this very tournamnet that we have for the first time encountered messengers from the SCA.
- 1999.09 - Kompania organizes the first big Iłżfurt tournament, having invited friends and acquaintances from neighbouring lands as well as those met during our long voyages.
- 1999.11 - having gathered the brothers and sisters of Kompania, Hegemon Daeris d'Ostear introduces to them the idea of settling down in the lands over which we have already fought for so long a time and founding our own fully-fledged state. He freely passes all his power over Kompania into the hands of the Prince elected by his companions - Wiciądz Wszebor. The former Hegemon remained as the Prince's Chauncellor. Since that time, we count the years of the Principality of Draconia ruled by Prince Wszebor.
- 1999.12 - during our meeting in Kożuchów, Traktat o Granicach (The Treaty of the Grounds) has been signed - the document to become the basis for any and all interactions among state-like reenactment organizations. Its first accessors were Marchia Landsbergii, Karpatia, Palatynat Krakowski and the Principality of Draconia.
- 2000.01 - a new Dragon Sign is proclaimed as replacing the old Smocza Kompania banner - the transformation into the Principality is completed.
- 2000.01 - this month on initiative of the Prince's Chronicler the first issue of Gazetka Feudalna has seen the light of the day. This magazine has since that time been our loyal companion, supplying us and many readers from outside our circle with ever new materials and knowledge from both the circle of our interests and the current affairs of the Principality.
- 2000.02 - this moment can be seen as the official birthpoint of the tradition of Draconian Cuisine, marked by the feast given on that time together with the proclamation of feasting rites prepared by our Prince (more on this here...). Since that time, feasts have been our distinctive sign.
- 2000.05 - somewhere about this time the Principality of Draconia comes into the first contact with Thorolf, the Jarl of Winland; our first mutual relations were very slow by then, however.
- 2000.07 - the second Iłżfurt tournament disaster - torrentail rains hailing from the skies for full two days ruin all the plan we might have had. Our honourable guests have been very tactful however, repeatedly assuring us of them having had a wonderful time.
- 2001.05 - the third Iłżfurt tournament, very succesful as opposed to the above. However to ourselves, and especially to the Prince, it has been the reason for many a deep thought, having shown us cracks in the political facade of the Principality.
- 2001.06 - what has happened that month, being perceived by us as historical facts right now, came to be known as the Great Schism. It was then that our Prince proclaimed his decision as to splitting the Principlaity into provinces. Having divided the country into three parts, he left for himself the sovereign's lands together with the Chauncellor's land and the Chauncellor himself, granting his magnates the lands which they have up till that time occupied only as his vassals into sole and rightful ownership . This had been done to make it possible to come to terms for the (at least) two factions in the Principality, having that far been divided by their different views as to the Principality's future and its development. The Prince expected that his magnates of the opposing faction will be more than glad to have the possibility of being self-determined; time has shown that these expectations were miscalculated. That date is the beginning of today's Principality of Draconia the Dark.
- 2001.08 - our first visit to Gliśno, the place with which Prince Wszebor's subjects have fallen in love of the first sight. We have great hopes for the future connected with it.
- 2001.11 - on ths date the home of Michał and Janna has hosted the second of Draconia's feasts, which added to our cuisine's sumptuousness the duty of having at least seven courses (not 'dishes') in one feast.
- 2002.02 - Prince Wszebor leads his men-at-atms to support Świtowój, the Lord of Elderland, against Sigurd the Jarl of Winland, who was bound at taking Świtogród by force. The attack is repulsed, Sigurd's force defeated. This battle is the first (armoured) appearance of Draconia's troops among peoples connected with Winland and its neighbouring countries.
- 2002.03 - the Principality of Draconia officially proclaims its land on Winland maps (which is connected with the appearance of the re-made version of the current website). At the same time, the Principality disappears from Traktat o Granicach maps, retaining therein the status of an associated group.
- 2002.12 - mercenary Smocza Kompania once more stand as brothers-in-arms together with the Draconians. However misfortunate the outcome of the battle was, it has proven how strong we can be when united we stand. The day of this meeting can perhaps in time become another symbol in our wake, the symbol of old friends reunited - different in their looks and views, but still remembering one another...
- 2003.05 - the fall of Winland, reputedly destroyed by a horrid plague - the peoples of Winland scattered among the world, its leaders having departed their own ways with only a handful of trusted warriors. The last news to have reached the merry Principality of Draconia can be read in Winland chronicles. Being deeply concerned wih his subjects' health and life, Prince Wszebor has decided to cease any contacts with Midgard lands in order not to drag the plague home; he and his men-at-arms depart into lands yet unknown.
- 2003.05 - the Draconians arrive once more at Iłżfurt, whence they have not for a long time been seen and not a least expected - a direct outcome of our improving relations with Smocza Kompania. This meeting opens the post-midgard period of our history.
- 2003.06-07 - having cleared the path one year earlier, Prince Wszebor leads his subjects side by side with Jarl Kakaj to Scandinavia. This way we have joined the project with the workname "Eastern Vikings", renamed "Kakaja Druzhina" at the close of the year. We visit Foteviken in Sweden and Bore in Norway, moving beyond Poland's boundaries for the first time.
- 2003.08 - our first visit to Ukranenland - together with the visit to Scandinavia, this was the beginning of yet another sub-chapter in our history, giving rise to our interest in possibilities of meeting people outside our country.
- 2004 - messengers bring news that life in Midgard starts thriving again. As these news come, the Prince starts reconsidering coming back into his ancestral lands. Having finally made this decision, he finds Midgard flourishing indeed, but - alas! - his lands already occupied by alien tribes. Faced with such facts, Draconia decides to come back to its very roots, becoming a mercenary group since then - one to partake in many a battle in Midgard.
- 2005 - Prince starts the XIII-th century project and in it he becames Gotard de Sluzew, Mazovia knight. Draconians are proposed to take part int this new activity. From this moment next to Draconia there is a separate organism established - The Men-at-Arms of knight Gotard. Soon for those who likes the eastern moods more Prince's Palatine established another project based in the XIII-th century Russia.
- 2005.07.09 - the ritual Enthronement of the Prince of Draconia together with the adjoined feast given in his honour and to the good luck of all the Principality. There are photo gallery covering this event here.
- 2006.04 - Draconia has bebun cooperation with The Museum of The Sochaczew Region and The Battle of The Bzura River. More about our cooperation can be found here.
- 2006.09.19 - Draconia celebrates the first regnal day of Wszebor. The fest made to celebrate this event was as plentiful as usual but we will remember it as the first one so rich in artistic performances. Photos from this event are available through Galleries, the chronicle of the events are here.
- 2006.11.14 - new law that regulates way of dressing for diffrent classes of Draconian society has been proclaimed - Etiquette of the Court of Prince of Draconia - About the Raiment for Ranks - next step towards the historical correctness and improvement of our society.
- 2009.06.14 - Prince Wszebor introduce the reorganisation of Draconia's regime that includes the abolishment of the half-free class of his subjects and his court offices, reform of his army and many other changes. More about this you will find in Chronicles in De revormatio Ducati Draconiae.
- 2010.08.07 - on the thing Prince Wszebor proclaims new laws gathered in Wszebor's Codex and appoints Ciech of Sochaczew as his new Voivode.
- 2013.08.16-18 - new project created under enlightened lead of our Prince, in this context our chieftain Gaiseric, has been eventually launched into public! "Przeworskers" - Germanic tribe of II century B.C. for the first time attend "The Bloomeries" in Nowa Slupia.